What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Right Seat

MikeyDale

Well Known Member
I made my first flight from the right seat of my 7 this morning. Did some turns, slow flight, and 4 touch and go's. The dual dynon screens made it easy! Swapped everything to the right side so nothing changed as far as instruments go. Horizon over the cowl took a little getting used too. Right hand stick was comfortable cause my Kolb steers with the right hand....Best part, wife's right seat is wedged up about 3 inches. I couldn't believe how much better I could see while taxiing! And it is so much softer than mine with extra cushions under the Classic Aero Aviator seats! Had to duck just a little closing the canopy (slider) but it is worth it with all the extra vision, I could actually see over the cowl!:p

Stick right; throttle left

Count me as another fan of flying from the right seat. I'm setting my -7 up with a symmetrical panel and plan to fly mostly from the right seat. Stick right, throttle left feels more natural for the fun sport flying RV's are best at.

I'm installing a throttle quadrant to make the engine controls nearly the same from both seats.

Fun fact, the DA20's used for USAF flight screening are setup with PIC in the right seat.

Back