What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Right Flaperon touches the Fuselage

JerryBatson

I'm New Here
I noticed that the right Flaperon scrapes against the Fuselage when turned up. I check this every preflight and never noticed this before.

I checked the left Faperon and it doesn't travel as far up as the right so it doesn't touch.

Is there an adjustment for this?

Thanks

does the skin show any rubbing in the past? how many hours?
if everything is secure and nothing is noticed in the linkage what else can you do but file it a bit and keep an eye on it.
doing the ''adjustment'' for a heavy wing can move a flaperon in relation to the fuselege skin.

if everything is secure and nothing is noticed in the linkage what else can you do but file it a bit and keep an eye on it.
doing the ''adjustment'' for a heavy wing can move a flaperon in relation to the fuselege skin.

I didn't notice any scratches before now there are two. The plane as 380 hours. I just got it back from an annual and no problems were found in that area.

I'm going to fly it tomorrow and I will check for a heavy wing.

Thanks for your help,

it was after i adjusted for a heavy wing that i thought the flaperon moved compared to the fuselege.

Bob, would you be so kind to point me towards the adjustment procedure for a heavy wing?

"Section F0 – Flight Test Procedure - Overview" of the PAP, entitled "Lateral (roll) trim:" Page F0-3 of a 2016 edition.

Back