What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rigging the elevator...

bob888

Well Known Member
I am doing the final hookup of the elevator and find that I have the prescribed 25 deg of down but only 25 deg (instead of the prescribed 30 deg) of up when connected to the control system. Before connecting, I had the full 30 deg of up. Wondering what, if anything, to do about this. I could lengthen the 'push tube' but then might have insufficient down elevator. Advice please...

With the elevators in trail is your bellcrank at the correct angle as measured by the template on page 11-7?

With the elevators bolted to the pushrods, you should be able to hit both stops. The stops are where the elevator horn hits the edge of the hole in the tailcone aft deck. If they do not hit both stops, then so,etching is wrong. If they can get the appropriate travel when disconnected, then there is something wrong with the control system, something hitting or binding where it shouldn't.

I do have the correct travel when the elevators are disconnected from the pushrod. I can recheck the angle on the bellcrank and go through the control system again...thanks for your input.

Back