What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ribs Question

eric_marsh

Well Known Member
I'm prepping my wing ribs and noticed that I have 28 W-611 ribs and no W-610 ribs. According to the drawings that I've got I should have 26 and 2. These ribs are identical except that the W-610 ribs are .032" instead of .025" and are placed next to the fuselage. Does anyone know if the thicker ribs are a superseded part? I'm trying to figure out how I could have ended up with what I have and if I should order the other ribs.

Thanks,

Eric

As far as I know, you should have the two W-610 ribs (now using the W-410 P/N). I haven't seen or heard anything to make me think otherwise. What vintage is your wing kit?

I just double checked mine....

W410 (the inboard most main rib is marked w410 and is .032 thick.
The next rib outboard is W411 and is .025 thick.

You can visually see the difference in thickness between the two, looking at the flange edge. Is it possible you have those two but are mis labeled by the previous builder? You may have already done it, but I would mic the flanges to see.

Mystery solved. I'd mic'd half of them (what I thought was the left flanged ribs) but the thick ones were in the other half. Guess I wasn't careful enough and mixed some left ribs for right.

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:
Back