What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

rheostat for flap position

pilotdds

I am having a little difficulty figuring out how to mount the Ray Allen rheostat for the flap position indicator. Anybody out there have suggestions or even a picture of how they mounted theirs? I appreciate the help.
Thank you,
Jim

In tunnel

I mounted mine in the tunnel. Fastened it to the side of the tunnel and used RC pushrods and clevis. On the torque tube I fastened the horn with a pipe clamp. You can figure ou how long to make the horn by running the flap and seeing how much it has to move. Drill a couple of holes in the horn for final location. You do not want it going to far and loading up. I like it inside as it will stay dry if stored outside. I am sure someone can post a picture. If not I will Monday when I get to the office.

Last edited:
I borrowed this idea from someone; can't remember who. It mount to the flap torque tube, under the left rear foot well close-out panel.

Jim Berry
RV-10

Oops! Could not post photo here. See my response to your post on the Matronics list for photo.

I would not put the sensor outside the aircraft in the weather. In the tunnel
makes the most sense. Here is a photo in the tunnel as Troy explained.
0_0_f85092a8636abe432d1c5ca1c5d80ecf_1

Geoff

Back