What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Reskin rudder/missing dims

ksauce

Well Known Member
Patron
I'm in the process of reskinning my cracked, non-prepunched rudder. I've built a set of V-blocks, but I'm missing the drawings (SK1 and SK-2) that show the distance between the V-blocks when on the table. Can anyone provide this measurement? Or should I just move the blocks so that the trailing edge of the skin is parallel to the table top? Finally, I'm missing most all of the other drawings for the rudder. Can anyone poke holes in the theory that I should be able to take all of the necessary measurements from the existing skin? Sadly, Vans doesn't have the old drawings available.

I have some really old RV-6 drawings at the hangar but won't be out there until tomorrow. Will check then.

Vblock dimmension is not critical

They are just a convenient way of holding the rudder in plane. You can use your existing rudder to insure the two V's are aligned. Fig 6-3PP shows the V blocks but no dimensions are shown for that spacing only to keep the blocks 90 deg off of center line, rudder edge parallel with table, and V blocks 90 deg. off of table.

Not ideal, but the best I could do (won't fit the scanner):

Sorry to others for the large images, but I think he needs the high-res enough to see the numbers.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Back