What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Resin clean up question

When doing my canopy I had covered the sides of the fuselage but somehow I allowed a little to run down the side and it went unnoticed. The only thing I could find to remove it was brute force with scotch-brite pads.

My experience was that I could sort of shear it off with a plastic putty knife. I think I may have lightly used a heat gun as well...

plexiglass

I have saved cut off scraps of fibreglass and plexiglass and I use pieces of them with a sharp beveled edge like a chisel to clean off stray spills of resin. use them like a chisel but they wont cut into the aluminum. sometimes it will just pop right off.

Heat it with a heat gun before trying to get it off. Who knows, it might even pop off after you heat it.

Take a can of air...the kind you get at the office supply store you shoot your your friends in the office with. Turn it upside down and spray the back side of whatever it is the epoxy is stuck to to freeze it, then knock off the epoxy. It should come right off.

Back