What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Request for Fuel Pressure Data

N223JH

Well Known Member
This request is for builders with flying 12's who have downloaded data from the Dynon for test cards or other use.

I am very interested to see if the fuel pressure and fuel flow data I am getting is unique. I ask you because Dynon, Rotax and Vans have not provided definitive answers (IMHO) to my questions regarding what are "normal" readings for this aircraft.

Would you please review your FP and FF columns and summarize in a sentence or two. For example: "My FP is rock steady at 3.9 startup to shutdown. FF reflects power setting." Or, "My FP varies somewhat 3-4PSI but always goes up when I reduce power, fuel flow going down accordingly."

I will tell you my fuel pressure will stabilize at a completely different level on two consecutive flights at same ambient temperature. After 1/2 flight or so, FP will start to drop about 1/2 lb. When it's stabilized at 3.1, this drops FP into the yellow arc. I know the POH says 2.2 PSI is minimum but I don't like operating with *anything* in the yellow. Fuel flow *always* goes up when pressure drops.

I know there are issues with the Dynon sensors and the Rotax fuel pump. But for the purposes of this request, let's assume they are operating correctly, as are all other facets of the fuel system from the holes in the fuel cap to the brand-new gascolator screen.

I apologize for asking you to pore over your data to help me out but I have exhausted every other resource I can think of.

If you would rather not post your response, just PM me.

Thanking you in advance,

Jim in South Texas 101F today @ 1,000MSL, ethanol boils at 172F

Back