What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Replacing Fuel Sender gasket

hecilopter

Well Known Member
Do you have to pull the tanks or can you work in the space between the wing and fuse after removing the wing root fairing? I have a small seepage out of the rubber gasket used for the fuel sender and I am going to replace it and put proseal on the screws.

Thanks!

It is a little tight but can be done with some patience. A small rachet with socket and phillips tip should work well. I and I believe most do not use the gasket, Only proseal. Good Luck, Larry

Thanks for the replies

So, no gasket huh? What happens if the sender ever goes out? How hard to get the sending unit off if it is prosealed on? Any idea on the failure rate on the sending unit?

Thanks

Mark it

Rusty,
Be sure to mark the plate so it goes on exactly in the same position as before. On my -6 the holes are evenly spaced and I got it turned a notch.

Regards,

Rusty,
Be sure to mark the plate so it goes on exactly in the same position as before. On my -6 the holes are evenly spaced and I got it turned a notch.

Regards,
Pierre,
That's interesting. I've never seen one with evenly spaced holes. Only problems I've seen similar to this is getting the left and right swapped.

RV6 just finished with 35 hours. Mine leak also and are showing cracks from tightening. Proseal sounds like the way to go. :)

Back