What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Replacement hardware.

hohocc

Well Known Member
Hi there, I'm looking at a 6a fuselage kit that has no nuts/bolts/washers/rivets. Anybody care to estimate a ballpark figure to replace these? And any ideas if any particular supplier is likely to be better than most on price?
Thanks,
Craig

The best place to purchase the hardware is from Van's............ Just call and get a price from them.

This may not apply to the fuse kit, but I am in the same situation with my wing kit. I priced out Van's, Aircraft Spruce, and Wicks. AS is the cheapest on all the bolts/nuts/washers. Wicks or Van's is the best bet for rivets since AS just sells them by the pound. You are probably looking at a couple hundred bucks worth for hardware. If you are missing control system parts (rod ends ect.) it will add up much faster. If you don't have the close-tolerance bolts for the wing attach (part of the wing kit) then add another $150 for those.

If vans can't give you a total price, then just have them shoot you an older inventory list and pull the info from there.

It is a very good idea the get the inventory list anyway. Missing bits of angle and sheetmetal add up real fast - do and inventory of the kit before purchase for your own sake.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies folks. Vans were reluctant to put an estimate on the total but did suggest the inventory list, I can understand them not just wanting to guess. What I was really after was a "less than $500", or "$500 to $1500" type of ballpark so the couple of hundred bucks wingsonwater guessed at is close enough for the time being.
All my hardware will have to be shipped to new zealand so may get the lot from one supplier to avoid multiple freight bills, but thanks for the comments, they're just the sort of information I was after.

Back