What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Replacement Fuel Lines

todehnal

Well Known Member
In doing a search, it looks like I am not alone with a fuel return line leak at the banjo fitting. It was suggested that I replace the line. Well, that VA-216 is $190.00. I know that Specialty Products has a kit that replaces all of the fuel lines, total of 5, using steel braid covered Teflon hose, with a fire shield, and AN fittings. This kit eliminates the banjo fitting, and the hoses are guaranteed for 10 years. Has anyone installed the RV-12 Specialty Aircraft's fuel line kit? If so, how happy are you with it, and were there any installation problems?

Tom

I did

In doing a search, it looks like I am not alone with a fuel return line leak at the banjo fitting. It was suggested that I replace the line. Well, that VA-216 is $190.00. I know that Specialty Products has a kit that replaces all of the fuel lines, total of 5, using steel braid covered Teflon hose, with a fire shield, and AN fittings. This kit eliminates the banjo fitting, and the hoses are guaranteed for 10 years. Has anyone installed the RV-12 Specialty Aircraft's fuel line kit? If so, how happy are you with it, and were there any installation problems?

Tom

I had various leaks around the banjo fittings/etc., and replaced the works with Specialty's kit. No problems on the install.

I have not installed these hoses, but have dealt with both Aircraft Specialties and TS Flightlines ( they appear to be very close associates) and I can't say enough good about them. I am very sure they will solve your problem. I am awaiting their new canopy lock. I think it will be a winner.

Tom,

It was great talking with you today. If anyone else has any questions on this retrofit kit, please feel free to contact TSFlightlines, or us. We will be happy to help you out.

We also have a detailed installation manual on our website for this package.
http://aircraftspecialty.com/rv-12.html

If you go to the above link, you will see all of our currently available RV-12 products.

Please note that we are currently closed for some updates until August 10th. The information regarding this is located at www.aircraftspecialty.com. We will have limited email/phone access until then.

Steve

P.S.

Unrelated to the fuel kit, but in response to another post....The canopy latch is completed. We have three in the field that are undergoing beta testing, and we anticipate no more design changes. We are just currently getting ready to start ramping up production on these. Once we have the first 10 units completed, we will be verifying the production process, and then going into production of higher volumes.

Thanks for your patience on that product. We think it will be very popular. We have been so busy with hoses that it has been taking us longer than we wanted to bring this to market. However, it is a very active project, and is nearing completion.

Last edited:
I worked with these guys as a prototype installer for the oil thermostat kit. They are first class to work with.

Back