What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Replacement for Garmin VIRB elite

tomhanaway

Well Known Member
My camera works fine for video but I have been unable to find the Garmin audio adapter with mini usb plug.
Long since discontinued by Garmin. Did see one on Amazon but $129 seems a little over priced for a cable that sold for $29.

So I’m thinking about getting a new action camera. Big thing for me is getting audio recorded. I have the Garmin 245 audio panel which puts out audio over Bluetooth. Also, a 3.5 mm audio plug on my headsets. I can’t use a headset adapter because my plugs are Lemo.

So….any suggestions for a new action cam?

Garmin Virb U30

The facility (In China) who was manufacturing the Ultra 30 has been selling their leftover new units or rebuilt units. I purchased 2 for the 10, arrived with good batteries. The case is marginal, and they don't have any more OEM cases as apparently this facility was not making the cases. You can purchase new cases off E-bay. Both camera's where able to update with the latest software although a little dated. Interface fine with the audio panel in the 14 so audio is captured. You can control the video either by I-phone or the audio panel.

The facility (In China) who was manufacturing the Ultra 30 has been selling their leftover new units or rebuilt units. I purchased 2 for the 10, arrived with good batteries. The case is marginal, and they don't have any more OEM cases as apparently this facility was not making the cases. You can purchase new cases off E-bay. Both camera's where able to update with the latest software although a little dated. Interface fine with the audio panel in the 14 so audio is captured. You can control the video either by I-phone or the audio panel.

Gotta Link?

Ed

Back