What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Renting or borrowing scales

alcladrv

Well Known Member
I need to weigh my -7A. Does anybody have a source for renting or borrowing scales in the southeast?

Thanks, Mike

I have the same issue. I reached out to a couple of people I know who participate in car events but they don't know anyone. Somebody who races stock cars or maybe a local SCCA chapter might be some help. An active EAA chapter near you might have a set. I'm still trying to research this as I am about a couple of months out from needing to weight the plane.

Check with Avery Tools

Avery tools has a couple of sets and will ship them to you for you to use. Contact them to see what they charge, I think around $100-125.

TJ

Mike - I need to update my W&B and am also located in the "southeast". I'm on the Eastern Shore of Virginia so if you are not too far away, and we need to "rent" we could coordinate to keeps the costs down.

Let us know your location and I'm sure we can find a solution for you !

Check with the local EAA groups. A set of scales is a top of the list item for communal ownership.

EAA 690

EAA 690 LZU Lawrenceville has a set. Don't know their policy on loaning them out outside of the chapter. (I used their scales last month).

Another vote for Avery Tools

If they are still renting,...it is the way to go. (If local EAA, etc not available)

They ship in a big plastic box with plenty of foam padding, and include everything to ship back.

They give you about a week if I recall.

A few cedar wedge shingles from your local aviation hardware store and you can roll it up on the scales.

Scales near Knoxville

I'm located near Knoxville, TN.

Mike,
Go to SkyRanch, TN98, on Alcoa Highway. Ask for Gene McClain. I have seen Gene use scales, but I'm not sure who actually owned them. He may be able to help.

Marvin McGraw

Back