What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rent Dyna Vibe prop balancer

piper77p

Well Known Member
Looking to rent Dyna Vibe prop balancer! Would like it to be calibrated with in the last year Or less than a year old!

Looking to rent Dyna Vibe prop balancer! Would like it to be calibrated with in the last year Or less than a year old!
Viking engines rents out dyna vibe balancer at 200 dollars for one week. I have used their service, and it worked out well for me.

They have not been calibrated for over 18 months! Contacted Dyna Vibe they said could be off 6 or 7 ips and should be calibrated every year to get back to .0 or .01

Viking engines rents out dyna vibe balancer at 200 dollars for one week. I have used their service, and it worked out well for me.
I rented from them a few years ago and they sent me 1 piece of reflective tape about 1/2" in length. When I called them, she stated that I should be able to get it one with that!
Our plan at the airport was to get two or three planes together, rent it for a week and share the cost. We obviously bought some tape and figured it out they don't mention that when you rent it. Just be mindful of that or be sure to ask for plenty of reflective tape if you believe you need to do multiple tests.

I rented from them a few years ago and they sent me 1 piece of reflective tape about 1/2" in length. When I called them, she stated that I should be able to get it one with that!
Our plan at the airport was to get two or three planes together, rent it for a week and share the cost. We obviously bought some tape and figured it out they don't mention that when you rent it. Just be mindful of that or be sure to ask for plenty of reflective tape if you believe you need to do multiple tests.
1/2" seems a little on the short side. I believe Dynavibe recommends 2", however it really depends on the rpm being tested and how far from the center of the blade you are placing the reflective tape. (see attached image, an excerpt from the Dynavibe manual)

I have reused the tape successfully a few times. Remove with care and apply 3M Super 77 spray adhesive. It can be found at your regular orange hardware store ... in the aircraft aisle).

Attachments

• tape.PNG
    tape.PNG
    15.6 KB · Views: 23
1/2" seems a little on the short side. I believe Dynavibe recommends 2", however it really depends on the rpm being tested and how far from the center of the blade you are placing the reflective tape. (see attached image, an excerpt from the Dynavibe manual)

I have reused the tape successfully a few times. Remove with care and apply 3M Super 77 spray adhesive. It can be found at your regular orange hardware store ... in the aircraft aisle).
Understand the above the requirement of tape length. My point was that they only give you enough reflective tape to balance 1 Prop.. at least that is what they tried with me. It's like going to Home Depot and renting a ditch digger and they put some sort of lock on the gas tank and only give enough to dig a certain length ditch.... They shouldn't try to control how many props you are balancing when rent it from them. Or at least be forthcoming and let the renter know that they only provide a certain length.

Back