What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Removing Seats

AaronG

Well Known Member
Its time for my first condition inspection, and I would like to remove the seats. It was difficult installing the 4 bolts that hold the seat positioning mechanism in place due to the space between the side of the plane on one side and the seat foam on the other.

Has anyone come up with an easier way of removing the seat other than removing these 4 bolts and the seat positioning mechanism?

Aaron

It really is not that bad to do. Not worth the time to find an easier way. Over time you get used to doing it quickly.

Seat removal

The one mod I have made that makes this easier is to chamfer the back of the seat tracks so that the seat comes off the tracks easier.

Pat

Only remove three

Only remove three of the four bolts and nuts and loosen the fourth one. Ideally the fourth one should be one of the top ones. Then swing out the mechanism.

What I have also done was to hinge the flap cover on the bottom and added a latch to the top, hidden under the rear seat bottoms. Now you simply undo the latch, hinge forward the flap cover and slide out the seats.

Other positives are that I now have easy access to some wiring and 02 lines.

Back