What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Relocating Brake Reservoir to subpanel Tip-up

mbriese

I am contemplating relocating the brake reservoir to the subpanel in a 7A(accessible when the tip-up canopy is raised). My goal is to put more distance between it and the firewall in the event of an engine fire. I also plan on ditching the plastic brake lines in favor of some SS braided lines. Besides just not trusting the plastic lines in general, I believe they are likely to melt in the event of an engine fire. By the way I also plan on Firewall Insulation engine side.

Does anyone see any potential issues with this? Better way? Overkill?

Thanks

I actually had not thought of that! I am using the cap from alex peterson. That may help with the mess part, but not sure on the smell. May be just going with ss lines and getting of the plastic Tee would be good enough fire wise.

Anyone actually put the Reservoir inside the cabin?

I did this same thing on my Rocket and I think it is much better to have one less hole in your firewall. I didn't see any downsides really. I used a closed-loop system to bleed the brakes so there really wasn't much of a problem of spilled brake fluid in the cockpit. Go for it.

Back