What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Relief notch on HS-702

BGordon

Well Known Member
Good evening,
I am cutting the relief notches on HS-702 for my 7 and was wondering. The notch is not as long as the peice I trimmed off, should the excess flange forward of the notch be filled down so that it lays flush with the front of the spar? Or is the little bit of a lip that remains acceptable?
Thank you very much,
Brandon

Good evening,
I am cutting the relief notches on HS-702 for my 7 and was wondering. The notch is not as long as the peice I trimmed off, should the excess flange forward of the notch be filled down so that it lays flush with the front of the spar? Or is the little bit of a lip that remains acceptable?
Thank you very much,
Brandon

Brandon,

I completed the HS not to long ago and I believe this builders site may be useful. http://www.rouault.us/

Jason has several close up pics of the two HS-702 spar channels that may help.

I am just a little bit ahead of you on the build. I filed my edges down pretty close but still had a very slight edge bump. I'll try and post a picture of what your front spar will look like when you start riveting the angle splices. I think the most important element as stated above is a smooth transition on the relief notch and watch the edge distances.
2i1egxf.jpg

OOOppps - Sorry about the image size, I grabbed the original and not the reduced size. This was my first post with an image.

Back