What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Registration

Hey All,
I need to register my new to me 6. My father built it and the registration shows him as the manufacturer. Is that correct and when I register it to me, should I show Van's as the manufacturer or Dad?

Thanks
Pat

If this is N9291K, the manufacturer is listed as Gale Reese.
That does not change.
When you fill out the eligibility statement (8130-12) you will show him as builder.

Hi Pat,
Good to hear that you are moving forward with the airplane. As Mel noted, your Dad is the manufacturer. I believe you told me that the airplane has the airworthiness certificate, but the Phase 1 flying was not completed. Is that correct? If so, there may be some issue with a time limit on completing Phase 1 flying. I seem to remember reading that on this forum in the past. Your operating limitations might have the answer and I am sure Mel or one of the other DAR's on this forum can help answer that question.

We are still planning on coming to KS in August so will try to stop in and see you.

Read the Operating Limitations carefully.

Normally there is no calendar time limitation on phase I testing.
However, it is possible. Your operating limitations will be the controlling factor.

Thanks Dave and Mel,
Don't have operating limitations in front of me right now, but I don't remember any restrictions on time. Will look again and make sure.

Dave, I'll still be working in Lawrence all summer. Let me know. Hope I'll be able to get free for a short visit. Been too long.
Pat

Back