What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Registration Question

I am filling out the FAA paperwork for aircraft registration, and there are two options that seem to be applicable.

My dad and I co own the airplane......anyone who knows about this, or knows where to find out...please chime in.Do I register it as a partnership, or co ownership?

Also, how long has it been taking people to get the official registration back from the FAA?

Thanks
Steve

I am filling out the FAA paperwork for aircraft registration, and there are two options that seem to be applicable.

My dad and I co own the airplane......anyone who knows about this, or knows where to find out...please chime in.Do I register it as a partnership, or co ownership?

Also, how long has it been taking people to get the official registration back from the FAA?

Thanks
Steve

Q1. Only you and your lawyer can make that determination as to what legal entity owns the aircraft. If you trust each other and neither of you have significant assets to protect, then a co-ownership is fine.

Q2. I got my first response in about a week, letting me know that I forgot to print my name under my signature. It took about 10 days later to get my registration in the mail.

bob

Back