What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Red “trim” on G3X touch

Scroogemcduck1

I'm New Here
IMG_7366.png

Finally our RV6A is flying! Can somebody tell my why the G3X displays a red trim (see attached pict) this is always there when flying and taxing. Trim marker displays correct trim position. (Trim is down in this picture)
I am guessing it’s something simple that I have overlooked?! Incorrect calibration, or setting?
Thanks in advance

I updated to latest software this past weekend 9.41

Did you enable "Roll Trim Servo" or "Pitch Trim Servo" on the LRU Configuration Page? If so, set these to Disabled.

As explained on page 30-9 of the Rev. AV G3X Touch Installation manual:

Enable Roll Trim Servo or Pitch Trim Servo only if a Garmin GSA 28 autopilot servo is installed as a dedicated trim motor. For this to be enabled, one GSA 28 must be installed per axis for primary autopilot control, a second GSA 28 would then be installed as a trim motor. If the primary autopilot servo is directly driving a 3rd party trim motor using pins 13 and 14 of the GSA 28, this field should be set to “Disabled”.

Steve

Yes, Steve is correct. I would bet you have more than one of these enabled, which should always be set to disabled for an RV.

Yes both were enabled. I disabled both and red trim is gone! Thanks for the info!
Now on to troubleshooting the AP. It has a mind of its own…… doesn’t fly HDG or TRK without trying to “flip” the plane, LVL will not fly level……

It's a little concerning that this important step was missed. I would strongly suggest repeating the very detailed step-by-step autopilot configuration and testing procedure documented in the installation manual.
Amen!

Back