What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Recommendation for a painting service

videobobk

Well Known Member
Friend
It isn't too often I recommend someone before I use them, but this time I will. Aircraft Restorations at OVO (North Vernon, IN) is worth a try. I have seen a number of planes they have painted, and the work is excellent. I know what they charge, and it is very reasonable. But there is more. We are at the point of having the wings and tail of the Eagle's Nest RV-12 painted, and Rodney agreed to allow our students to do the prep under his supervision, and then he would do the final shooting. This gives them another learning experience. He has to work on a Friday evening and Saturday, normally his time off, because of the school schedule. AND he is doing for basically just about the cost of materials! Let's see, quality work, reasonable price, and someone who is interested in promoting aviation and will work with you. I think that is someone to consider if you need a paint shop here in the Midwest. 812 592-9200 BTW, he didn't ask me to post this, but it could be good for everyone involved

Bob

A little follow-up here. Yesterday Rodney stopped by the school and painted the interior of our 12, and it was a nice job. I guarantee he isn't volunteering to do this for the promo value! He gives an honest effort at a good price, and I like his work and attitude. I asked him what it would cost to do a bare-metal RV, and he said a "normal" (not super show plane, what most will want) paint job would run $5000 to $5500. There is a 7A on the field that he did, and it is a VERY nice paint job, now a couple years old. He works in Dupont Imron usually.

Bob

Back