What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Recieved Wings! I'm Happy and Sad

Naruto

Well Known Member
Well, picked up my wings today and to my horror, there was a huge crack in the big box wood. It looks like the ABF forklift driver hit it with a fork. When I noticed it he tells me to report it to the office. I bet he was the one that hit it. I then wrote the box has been damage on the ABF paperwork and took my boxes home. When I inspected the big box, I found both my top flap skins to be bent. Thank the lord there was no damage to my LE and tank skins or anything else. I guess the fragile and dollar signs on the boxes don't do bunk and is wasted effort on Vans part. Should I contact Vans for replacements or ABF?

IMG_0078.jpg

Last edited:
Naruto said:
I guess the fragile and dollar signs on the boxes don't do bunk and is wasted effort on Vans part.
IMG_0078.jpg
'
Oh I wouldn't say that, They make a nice target for a disgruntled employee. Looks like he hit it dead center. :mad:

Good luck. I hope everything turns out for the best!

fork lift drivers

love to push stuff around....looks just like my crate..

call vans (barb) they will straighten it out....ABF"s slackness cost them 1500.00 in my case. yet in the transport mags they tout a 98 % damge free delivery record...they only screw up about 300,000$ a year worth of stuff. :eek:

Last edited:
cytoxin said:
love to push stuff around....looks just like my crate..

call vans (barb) they will straighten it out....ABF"s slackness cost them 1500.00 in my case. yet in the transport mags they tout a 98 % damge free delivery record...they only screw up about 300,000$ a year worth of stuff. :eek:

I just looked at the list as it has each top flap skin at $38.00 each, so not a huge fortune against ABF. It just suck to be so excited and then have a panic attack a few minuted from the total exhilaration of getting your wings.

They did my box the same way but I got lucky on the wings, not so lucky on the Fuse.

Make sure you contact Vans and they will ship you new parts on credit till you get your claim from ABF, make sure you claim the crating and shipping charges as well.

Standard procedure for the forkies.
Ya think they didn't notice this? They did manage to ensure that the damaged end was at the front of the delivery truck. Like we might not notice it....
pa13831073204hu4.jpg

pa13831073206pi4.jpg

This wing went back for a complete outer panel re-skin (and a couple ribs).

Likewise my fuse received damaged..

.. four years ago. Vans stepped up to it immediately, sending both new fuselage and the wings that were "mated" to it, before even receiving mine back. That was when there was a 7 month waiting list. Then they collected from ABF. By all means discuss it with them.
Keep at it and don't let it discourage you...
Len

I spoke to Barb and she is sending me replacements on credit. When I get to full cost invoice, I will make a claim against ABF for the full amount and reimburse Vans. Its so awesome to see Vans step up on somebody else's mistake.

Hey Mike W,

I think I would start to cry if I saw my new QB wings show up like that! :eek:

My wing will be here 1st week in Oct. Hopefully I won't have your luck but it is nice to know vans steps up to the plate for things like this.

I had to order the longerons for my 9 because they didn't come with a wing kit I bought from an individual. They came in a 1-1/2 dia. piece of PVC pipe with the end caps glued on. The tube was so bent youy couldn't even extract the angles from the tube. Van's sent out another set promptly and I didn't have to mess with ABF at all. I just refused the shipment and that was the end of it. Barb is a really nice and helpful part of Van's staff.

Back