What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Received -8 Finish Kit Final Payment Request

Rolls

I'm New Here
I’ve been watching the board to see if anyone has been getting final payment requests for crating and shipping and figure other guys might be doing the same. I just received mine for my RV-8 (SB) finish kit. I paid in full last Feb, so I’ve been a bit anxious about where I might fit in Van’s schedule for cash generation. I did pay an extra $4900 and know that I got off easier than many. Hopefully, this is good news for everyone!

Cheers,

Jeff

I got mine on Monday for RV-12is Fuse and Wing kit, and they are accepting new orders for the finish kit too. Seems like things are moving.

I’ve been watching the board to see if anyone has been getting final payment requests for crating and shipping and figure other guys might be doing the same. I just received mine for my RV-8 (SB) finish kit. I paid in full last Feb, so I’ve been a bit anxious about where I might fit in Van’s schedule for cash generation. I did pay an extra $4900 and know that I got off easier than many. Hopefully, this is good news for everyone!

Cheers,

Jeff
Just got my RV-8 finish kit (and wing kit) final request today too.

I received my finish kit final-final payment request for my 8 today as well. So I am hoping that means they ACTUALLY have the engine mounts in stock this time...

I got my notice for my RV-14 empennage kit order on 12/28, paid last Wednesday (1/3). ABF freight picked it up on Friday the 5th and as of this morning it is sitting my barn.

Seems to me that the employees are doing their best to get everything moving again.

Just got mine for 14 Fuse that was ordered September 2023. Much faster than expected! Can't wait to get back to building.

Checked with ABF Freight yesterday and found that my finish kit has been sitting here in Cincinnati since the 22nd. I knew it was coming, but no notification that it arrived. So, picked it up today. Inventory tomorrow!

I just received notice that my RV-14 Finish Kit is ready to ship. It was ordered on March 30 of last year along with everything else including the engine. So far I've received the prop and the Emp kit. Just about to finish the elevator. Won't need the Finish Kit for some time. Just another data point.

Back