What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rear wing spar

Craig Coffin

I'm New Here
There are 4-5 holes between each rib station on the rear spars of the rv-9 wing. They show up on the drawing but there is not mention of them in the instructions. Does anyone know what they are for? :confused:

Craig Coffin said:
There are 4-5 holes between each rib station on the rear spars of the rv-9 wing. They show up on the drawing but there is not mention of them in the instructions. Does anyone know what they are for? :confused:
There is a gap seal that uses these holes. It is installed just before the bottom skins are riveted in place.

You can see that "seal" in this picture. It is just laying in place and still has the blue plastic on it. It runs at a 45 degree angle from the top skin down to the rear spar and is made up of two pieces.

Last edited:
Perhaps you're looking at the holes for the aileron and flap gap fairings? These are a line of holes with maybe a 2-3" spacing between them along the full length of the spar. I'm not home, so I can't reference a specific drawing.

Look at the last step of wing building before the ailerons and flaps - you will see the instructions for the gap fairing and will use those holes then.
cp

Back