What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rear Window

mquam99

Well Known Member
So I fitted the rear window over the weekend and I have two locations where the rear window does not meet the skin perfectly.

Basically the area right at the curve. I can fill the gap with washers to get a good fit so the skin doesn't pillow, but I am curious what to do to fill the gap after the window is in permanently..

Has anyone made a fiberglass strip along the rear window to cover any gaps?

thanks in advance

Mike,

Unless your fit is really gappy, some RTV or similar caulking material should fill the gap nicely, but I would not apply this until AFTER painting. I've been meaning to do it to my -9 for a couple years now....

I don't think I personally would do a fiberglass strip, as it will likely cause you to crack the window if you ever have to remove it for any reason.

cheers,
greg

thanks

Thanks for the response.. I will wait until I am complete and then see how big the gap is.. my guess is it will come in a bit once I get the window in permanently

Mike,
You might try some pro-seal to fill the gap and if you apply a small amount all the way around it will add some weather proofing. Since I used sika-flex on the main canopy I also used it on the rear window along with the screws but pro-seal should also work.
JMHO

Bill

Back