What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rear Vents

N23J

Has any considered or installed addition fresh air vents to the rear of the cabin as to blow on the back of the pilot and copilots' neck.

Now,that is a cool idea!! No pun intended! I'm sure you could put NACA vents aft of the baggage wall bulkhead and mount vents in the rear baggage wall. Just my oppinion ;)... But the question comes how to adjust in flight. What was your idea?

You could use a servo and a flapper-type valve, with a control knob/rheostat thing on the panel.

You could put the scoop in the wing like the 8, and run the SCAT tube under the baggage floor, aft and then up...

Interesting idea...

Have you read the threads on the opposite?

Cold air coming in on the back of the neck is a reported problem in this forum.

Bob Axsom

I have searched the Form

Bob.

I have searched the forum but did not find a problem unless you're talking about a slider leak. I have a tilt up. The reason I asked this question was simple... Has any one done it?

I have a 310 and it gets hot in the dessert so we use a cool box which is bigger than an RVcooler but is very simular. My wife will not like the heat of a bubble canopy without a doubt. If I do not make it a pleasent trip out of the gate she will not get back in that plane:eek:.

I thought about an RVcooler and I will probably get or make one. I have already figured out a couple of possible ways of how I can install and control the additional rear vents. I still want others thoughts on the issue

Back