What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rear spar and riveting ribs

dnimigon

I'm getting around to building again. I realized I didn't rivet the wing ribs to the main and rear spar. no problem with the main spar but on the rear spar which way should the rivet go in. I put a couple rivets in with the manufactured head as your supposed to have the manufactured head on the side of the thinnest material so I read. Doea this not interfere with anything on the flap,aileron side. Just wondering. Also is their a trick to riveting the leading edge to the main spar. Just wondering how does a guy get his hands in the ribs far enough to buck them???? lots of wondering.

Hi Dave,
If I remember correctly, I squeezed all the rivets along the rear spar and main ribs using a longheron yoke with the shop head on the rear side of the spar. About riveting the leading edge/nose ribs to the main spar, being a solo builder, I used pop rivets instead of solid rivets (as many other builders). Gus Funnell @Van's approved LP4-3 and LP4-4 pop rivets

Last edited:
Back