What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rear Seats...

Phil

Well Known Member
So the finish kit arrived this evening and now I'm making some seat decisions.

Who sells a decent rear seat kit? Rails, Cushions, Upholstery. I've seen Abby's and she simply adds cushions to the standard vans (rear seat) frame and upholsters it. It's pretty simple but not appealing at all.

I'm looking for something nicer. Something like these before Oregon Aero threw in the towel in the RV-10 market.

I like the head rests in the rear and I like the 60/40 too. I just haven't found anything that I'm happy with that finishes the airplane to my eye.

Building the frame and getting it to bolt into the rear seat areas is the hard part I think...

Phil

Alternative

Steve at www.iflyrv10.com is prototyping rear seats at the moment, that I'll soon be trying out. I bought his front seats and am very pleased with them. The rear seats would simply cover the backs (no headrest at the moment) but he's discussing making a bolster between the seats in the future. I'll be making my own flip-up bolster with cup-holders!

Doug.

On a related question......

Are most people just using Velcro to secure the lower seat cushion in place?

rear seat velcro

Yes I did- it's 2 inches wide on the left and right side going from front to back of seats. Used proseal to hold the velcro on for extra strength.

Same boat

I am in the same boat, looking for a rear seat with headrest like Classic Aero (not Oregon Aero) has discontinued. I think the Cleveland frames look like the ticket, probably have the same shop upholster fronts and backs, use velcro to hold down back seats as I expect to remove them often. Thanks for the tip, I didn't know Cleveland was building them.

May want to consider a local hot rod interior trim shop. There are some good ones in the Houston area. The finest RV-10 interior I have ever seen was done through an auto trim shop.

Does not get much better than this. Looks like the inside of the gulfstream my brother pilots.

http://nwacaptain.com/rv10_home.html

Back