What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rear Seat Footwells

rv4fly

I'm New Here
Anyone have any suggestions about making the rear seat footwells for the RV4.
Didn't Van's used to sell them? :confused:
Thanks
rv4fly

RV4 Footwell plans.

rv4fly said:
Anyone have any suggestions about making the rear seat footwells for the RV4.
Didn't Van's used to sell them? :confused:
Thanks
rv4fly

There is a dimensioned plan in the 24 years RVator book. I used that. Footwells came up just the other day in this thread which gets you to pictures of mine.

Someone I think used RV8 wells and got standard parts from VANS, but before you do that I suggest you check the dimensions. On the -4 they are very critical.

To make life simple I have put a copy of the plan in my blog where I made the footwells. If you go here and scroll down to 22 & 23 June '06 I think you will find everything if you are interested. Double click the picture to read the small print.

Good luck!

Well digger...

Steve,

I installed rear passenger footwells in The Bandit back in 99' using the plans in an old RV8R issue. I removed the panel from the floorboard, cut the holes and pop-riveted the footwells together and attached them to the floorboard. The entire mod took about 4 hours. One important gotcha is the depth of the footwells. If you follow the RV8R plans they will rub the aileron pushrods once installed. I made mine 1" shallower than the plans and had no worries.
I highly recommend the footwells, one of the best mods I ever installed on The Bandit. .

Rob Ray
RV4 formerly.
HR2 Currently
F16 till Sept...

Back