What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rear seat floors

dspender

Well Known Member
Patron
I have Clecoed the rear seat floors onto the rear seat ribs and am preparing to Rivet into place. Are there any wires I need to run below these floors and make preparations for that now or do I run wires along the right side wall from aft to forward for example lighting wires and coaxial and battery power

You should probably run a 3/4 inch conduit on each side. I run them from the battery area and pop them up through a unibit hole beneath the armrests. From there wires can go forward on the sides.

I would run your main power line and at least three conduits, maybe two on one side on one on the other. You have static ports, power lines, data lines, antenna, etc. I put in conduits and tried to run the main power through one after riveting, ended up drilling out the rivets to run the power.

What type of conduit (where do I get this) , where fwd does it exit, through the rear spar bulkhead? (this is the bulkhead between the center section bulkhead and the fuselage bulkhead). Can't I run the wires all along the R side of the aircraft, through the bulkhead side channels and create an extra hole in the side bulkhead of the most forward empennage bulkhead? Maybe if someone could refer me to some photos of how you ran your wires.

What type of conduit (where do I get this) , where fwd does it exit, through the rear spar bulkhead? (this is the bulkhead between the center section bulkhead and the fuselage bulkhead). Can't I run the wires all along the R side of the aircraft, through the bulkhead side channels and create an extra hole in the side bulkhead of the most forward empennage bulkhead? Maybe if someone could refer me to some photos of how you ran your wires.

I ran three sets on conduit on each side. One 3/4" and one 1.25" to the back and one 3/4" to the comm antenna under the seat. Data wires went in the small conduit and power in the large conduit.

The following picture was taken before all the conduit supports were installed. I don't have a photo of where all thre come up through the seat pan and then through side bulkheads under the door opening. The holes in the seat pan were the only holes that I drilled.

FP16112010A000KR.jpg

Back