What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

rear seat arm rest

burgundyja

Well Known Member
it looks like the side panel on the back seat under the arm rest fits over the arm rest has anyone put it under the arm rest. it looks like that would be less likly to get cut on.

That's the way I did mine

A little harder to get the panel in but is doable. I did it for the same reason regarding potential cuts.

Ted

If you plan on putting in padded armrests or some upholstery then it might cover that area so as not to get any cuts. Or, give it a slight edge roll in so it's tight against horizontal piece and just de-bur/polish the edges good.

Should'n't be a problem either way. I've not heard of any passengers cutting themselves on that area.

it looks like the side panel on the back seat under the arm rest fits over the arm rest has anyone put it under the arm rest. it looks like that would be less likly to get cut on.

Your arm rest cover will pretty much prevent anyone from cutting themselves on the edge. And you did deburr and smooth the edge right? :rolleyes:

So no problem with putting it on the outside and a lot easier to install. Don't make work for yourself. There's plenty to do elsewhere.

Back