What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

rear rudder pedal parts numbers

mark manda

Well Known Member
anybody know the parts numbers for the Van's rear rudder pedal kit? and/or the parts needed? and is it the same as the RV-8 rear pedals?

thanks

rear pedals

I have a set of rear pedals. dont want to put them in. Well sell em to ya. $25.00 + shipping

IMHO: The rear rudder peddles are pathetic, not worth the weight/hastle of installing. Next winter (after I'm flying) I'm going to take a stab at designing a propper set of peddles with some kind of brake that are good enough for rear-seat solo. I'm an instructor. I'll post pix, etc, if it works out.

-Bruce

have to agree...

I have the "button" type in the -4. They are simple and convenient. However, if you are applying rudder pressure, you are applying it through a single steel rod attached to one corner of the rudder pedal. Very poor mechanical advantage.

In flight they are fine. They are "barely adequate" at TO & landing. If the plane has enough speed, you don't need much pressure. For taxiing or starting the takeoff roll or turning off the runway, they are a challenge.

Of course, there are no brakes so if you were thinking of riding in the back with a pax up front, that's not going to work.

John

Rear Brake

Hi Guys
This summer I will be introducing a rear brake pedal to my product line. Here is a image.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Back