What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rear Mount Governor

Mitch757

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I'm interested in the PCU-5000X group buy and one of the questions on the spec sheet is for "Control Lever Angle"

For those of you with a rear governor on a 7 or 9, could you tell me what I should put on the spec sheet?

Any photos of the rear of the engine?

Thanks a bunch,

Mitch Garner

RV9A...coming along

I'm interested in the PCU-5000X group buy and one of the questions on the spec sheet is for "Control Lever Angle"

For those of you with a rear governor on a 7 or 9, could you tell me what I should put on the spec sheet?

Any photos of the rear of the engine?

Thanks a bunch,

Mitch Garner

RV9A...coming along

I put 290 on mine but it sounds like basically everyone has to change the angle when installing it. It is easy to change.

I just asked the same questions for the RV-10. What I heard back was everyone needs to adjust a little and it's easy to do.

Make sure you get the rotation direction correct -- actually not sure it makes as much difference with a rear-mounted unit.

I don't know if you guys have emailed Brent yet on getting the forms going but there is FAQ document he sends that helps a bit too. As far as rotation goes here is what is on the form.

Control Lever Rotation. Do I need Clockwise or Counter-Clockwise?
Depends on where your control cable attaches to the lever. The lever rests against the high RPM/low pitch stop,
therefore when trying to determine this, imagine how the lever would rotate as your pull the prop control out,
toward a lower RPM. Whatever the answer is (clockwise or counter-clockwise) is what you would put on the form.

Back