What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Reading Fuel Pressure on my Skyview

Nautique

I currently do not read any Fuel Pressure. The gauge on the Skyview page has a big X in it. When I go down to EMS Setup>Sensor Input Mapping I see this

IMG_0249.JPG

It appears that the Skyview is seeing the Kavlico sensor, but does not read it.

Do I have a sensor problem or a software issue?

You need to join the Dynon Avionics forum. They have factory reps monitor it and answer questions. Invaluable!

Your picture is too small to read. Can you upload a larger photo file please? Have you tried doing a network discovery? Have you checked your connections? (sorry, obvious question, but it's best to start simple and then go from there).

Fuel Pressure

Had similar problem with Skyview on first try. There are more than one Kavlico sensor choices - they have different pressure ranges. Just from memory, I think it was the second one that was the right one - 15# maybe?

Going from memory...

I currently do not read any Fuel Pressure. The gauge on the Skyview page has a big X in it. When I go down to EMS Setup>Sensor Input Mapping I see this

IMG_0249.JPG

It appears that the Skyview is seeing the Kavlico sensor, but does not read it.

Do I have a sensor problem or a software issue?
I just fixed this two days ago on my plane. I had to enter the set-up (it might have been the 'SELECT' button - wish I had taken notes!) for the Kivlico sender and select 'Fuel Pressure' (or maybe just 'Fuel') from the list for the empty column shown to the left of the sensor name. In your picture, there is just a '-' there now.

In other words, it knows the sensor is there, but not what you want to use it for. There are two types of Kivlico and it is currently displaying the correct one (0 - 15psi) so don't change that part of it.

Karl..I did re-attach the wires with new connectors but that did not help. A better picture is available on my blog but it is not a great original picture

Dave..I think you may be on to the solution. I think I did hit select but did not know where to go from there. I can?t get down to the hanger until next week-end. I will try your suggestion then

Did you update to 4.0?

First, did it work before you did something like update to 4.0?

I recently updated to 4.0 and saw this same problem. When I did this it changed my fuel pressure sensor. I actually deleted it from the page on accident and then added it back after I updated the settings page on Pin8 and everything worked.

I would go into the page and make sure pin8 is selected. The first line will be pressure, the second will be the pressure sensor (for me I have the newer sensor that measures from 0-15), and the third column can just be selected as FUEL.

You can take a screen shot by holding in buttons 2 and 7. Post taht and we'll be able to read it.

Fuel Pressure Back On-Line

The Gold Star goes to Dave G. I was able to run down to my hanger last night and follow his instructions. It is now working as it should

Thanks to all for your suggestions:)

Back