What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RE: PTT Problem

fstringham7a

Well Known Member
RE: PTT Problem Solved

On todays flight to the old KSGU (Saint George Utah) for final landing, take off party and a fun fly over of the new KDXZ airport my PTT became a problem. This problem has been intermitent. Became perment today or so it seems......

When I push to talk on the pilot side I can't hear myself but the folks out in the ether say loud a clear. When I push to talk using the passenger side button all is well.

Equipment GNS430 Nav/Comm and SL40 Comm and GMA340 audio panel....QT Headset.....

Any ideas??????

Frank @ 1L8 ... RV7A ... Flying and Tracken

Last edited:
Sounds like the audio panel is causing it, have you tried turning it off while this is happening? When its is off it should operate in a "fail safe" mode and the comm/side tone "should" be normal.

If you're hearing the radio normally when others talk then you know the audio connections from the radio all the way to the headset is good. The only thing that changes is the switching in the audio panel when you key the mic. Also you know the radio sidetone is working if you can hear it in the copilot headset normally.

Does the intercomm otherwise work normally?

RE: Great Help and Service

So long story short Phil set me straight ...... very gently ..... all I needed to do is give some volume increase at the Halo volume control. Man to think I built this whole plane and got zapped by a volume control.:confused:

Plus I need to add that Phil was willing to give me all my $$$$$$$ back if I wasn't satisfied .... even after a couple of years have passed since my purchase. This really pops out after reading Axel's thread on his battle with the interior lady!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank @ 1L8 ... RV7A ... Flying Tracken MT-RTG .... N74BZ ....

Back