What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RE: O320 helio to fix wing

fstringham7a

Well Known Member
RE: O320 helio to fix wing

Hi

Is it possible or has anyone taken an O320 helicopter engine and converted to fixed wing for use on an RV..... If so what is/are the process/pit falls/problems...

Frank @ 1L8 ... RV7A ... Flying and tracken

helo engine

I did that to an HO-360 and put it on an Acro Sport I built. Don't see any reason you could not do it on an RV. But, the HO engine is a horizontal engine to begin with. Are you referring to a vertical mount? If so just more to change. Oil pan, cam, etc.

Hi,
I purchased some time ago a O320 B2C coming from a R22. I had to change the sump in order to accomodate the carb position and add a fuel pump. I got the parts from Aerosport, they gave very good advices, they provided me with a "kit" including all hardware, parts, gasquets. Engine mount is Conical type on this type of engine, not an issue, Vans can supply this type of mount, but it is considered as a special order (no extra cost, just possible extra lead time). no other issue so far, engine is installed and seems to run fine - I didn't flight yet.

Back