What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rate my plumbing.

RudiGreyling

Well Known Member
Hi Guys,

posting in RV7 section, since no specific section for plumbing.

This is my first time working with Pitot, Static and AoA plumbing lines, so I want to check what you guys think...

I bought the Safe1air kits, with quick connects. Heated some of the bends with a heatgun for them to keep the desired bend and put no tension on the rest of the lines. I have a tipup canopy so the 3 lines will come in straight through the sub-panel with grommets directly into the Dynon in the 3 top positions, and then they are distributed to the rest of my instruments as showed. Luckily all my instruments that require plumbing are close together.

Questions:
1) Since it is my first time, does it look functional? Any improvements?
2) How good are the Safe1air quick connects? Any problems, advice?

Thanks in advance
Regards
Rudi

The Pictures
plumbing_1.jpg

plumbing_2.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful...

.........indeed, Rudy...(How 'bout our countryman, Immelman winning the Masters??)

I'm not familiar with Safeair fittings but they have a great reputation. Great looking plumbing!

Regards,

I know that the RV7 has a wider Panel to Sub-panel gap than my RV6 but do you have enough space back there? I had to use tight elbow fitings with no room for Ts running longitudinally.

Other than that Rudi it looks great - just like all of your workmanship.

Jim Sharkey
RV6 - Wiring etc

Looks Great

Looks great!!!! I have the Safeair fittings on my 7. They work fantastic with very positive locking. Just give them a little pull test to confirm they have locked. The Safeair stuff gives the ability to make very nice coupling of lines with easy to use fittings. Well worth the cost for any project.

Jim had a great point. Make sure you have enough distance between the panel and sub panel. I had to put holes my subpanel, with gromments, for most of the lines.

Can't evaluate

Sorry Rudi; I can't evaluate your work without one of your cool stop action animation videos. :D

Seriously, it looks great.

Rudi, your link to the AV forum on your RV page no longer works. Can you give us an updated link? l like to check your pr0gress from time to time.

Back