What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Quick Oil Drain

Any opinions on which is best? It looks like Saf-air makes one, and so does Curtis.

The Saf-air is almost 2x the cost of the Curtis. Just wondering if anyone has any opinions or experiences with these?

Thanks
Steve

Fumoto pirep

I bought 2 of them for about $27 ??? each at some diesel truck parts supplier, but haven't used them! I like the steel ball and pivot action etc....but......
The feature I liked best over the spring/snap safe-air type, the locking swivel arm, hits my heat muff!....so there is a clearance issue with this, while the cylindrical type may not. I couldn't thread it in fully either.
think about how you are going to get your arm & hand in there to activate the drain, vs. just loosening a plug....espcially with a warm or hot engine!

My 2?

After I discovered a fuel hose lying against an exhaust pipe with the firesleeve burned through, I decided against a quick-drain.

They came standard on our Cessna Agwagons in the '70's and sure were convenient but now, I prefer to undress my baby:) and look her over really well...it's not just an oil change any more.

Fer what it's worth,

Back