What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Quick Build Wings

Clyde

I'm New Here
I finished the empennage and have just ordered the quick build wings for my -7. While I'm waiting for the delivery I was wondering if anyone could give some advice on the extra's needed while finishing up the QB wings. Things that come to mind are the wiring for the wingtip lights, and maybe the autopilot servo. I'd like to develop a list of things that need to be done and think about the extra purchases that I'll need to make to go along with the wings. I'm sure that some of you can provide advice based on your experience. I certainly apprecatiate all the help I can get.

I'm interested in the answer, too, as I'm to that point myself.
My TruTrak servos are en route. I'm ordering (when they're back from SnF) the Advanced Flight Systems stuff I need for the AOA sensors (or ports?) and whatever else the EFIS needs put in the wings. I think they call it their "A" kit.
I'm going with the standard Vans pitot setup (if it will work with the AFS stuff), but anything different (like heated pitot) needs to be considered.
I won't have antennae in the wingtips, but if you are,see if there is anything special you need to do.
There may be more, and there is no rush to get that bottom skin on. Comments from those that have been there done that??

Back