What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Question regarding revision dates

AeroDog

Well Known Member
Friend
I'm a complete newbie here, so if the answer is common knowledge, I apologize in advance (and, yes, I did use the search feature :)).

I received my enpannage kit last week. Along with my manual, there was a envelope containing replacement pages (revisions). One was a replacement for page 11-07, marked revision 2 with a date of 7-17-09. Page 11-07 in my manual (the page being replaced) is marked revision 1 but has a date of 6-16-11. It seems strange that a later revision has an earlier date. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I called Van's and was told to go with the revision number, not the date.

Jerre

To the Best Of MY Knowledge...

Revision 1 was dated 1/20/09. Revision 2 came out with a date of 7/19/09. I have never seen a revision 1 with a date of 6/16/11. Not sure why, but the print change may have been intended for the other side, or page 11-08. It isn't important. Van's words are right on, go with the latest revision. In this case the important change was in the last sentence in step 7. Back off one turn, instead of two. Hope that helps.
Tom

Welcome

I didn't know this either, thanks for asking.

By the way, if you don't mind me asking, what is your serial number. Just would like to know how the kit sales are going.

Thanks, Dave

Welcome

I didn't know this either, thanks for asking.

By the way, if you don't mind me asking, what is your serial number. Just would like to know how the kit sales are going.

Thanks, Dave

Serial number 120593

Jerre

Back