What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Question on Top Fuse J-Stiffner (F-786A)...

idleup

Well Known Member
On the quickbuild fuse the F-786A stiffner protrudes from the F-706 Bulkhead and there is some kind of triangular sheet of metal on top of it. I cannot find anything about this on the plans. In fact the only sheet that really shows teh F-786A on the fuse is DWG 26 and you cannot tell if it is supposed to protrude or not. So I guess I have two questions:

1) Is it supposed to protrude like that?
2) What is that triangular piece of metal that is popriveted to the top and sticking forward of the F-706 Bulkhead?

Hopefully some of you with the QB fuse can help on the second question.

Thanks,
Matt

Matt:

Those triangular pieces pop riveted to the front of the stringers are protective packaging. The stringers are only held in place to give some rigidity during shiping. This protects the stringers and the F-706 bulkhead, LEAVE THEM ON AS LONG AS POSSIBLE up to the skin installation. The bulkhead is very flimsey without the skin and you could easily bend it by lightly brushing against it. Once you get further along, you'll be cutting those stringers off flush with the front of the F-706.

Jekyll

Jekyll,

Thank you very much. This had me perplexed for a while and I couldnt find anything about it in the archives...

- Matt

Back