What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Question on tires

mchargmg

Well Known Member
Hi all,

We purchased a flying 7a, and it is getting time to replace the left tire. Any suggestions on what tires you use, and if you recommend them? Do you change both out, or just the one with little tread? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Geoff

Hi all,

We purchased a flying 7a, and it is getting time to replace the left tire. Any suggestions on what tires you use, and if you recommend them? Do you change both out, or just the one with little tread? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Geoff

Geoff, I'm not trying to ignore your question....but there is a TON of tire info and detailed answers to your questions in the forum archives. Some time with the Search engine will be time well spent.

Enjoy your new plane!

I use Goodyear Flight Custom II's for my aircraft and my customers unless they specify something else. The FC III is also very good especially if you want longer service intervals but they are a little heavier.

+1 for the monster retreads - best tire I've ever had. They are a little larger than standard though be sure there is some extra room in the wheel pant.

Dan

Tires

I'm in the same place. I need to replace my left front tire. I looked in Aircraft Spruce but Van's Aircraft has them for $70 plus $55 for the tube. I'm not sure if there are better tires out there with better wear so I'm interested to see what others have to say.

Any opinions on the Michelin airstrip tubes vs. the aero classic leakguards? The latter are quite a bit cheaper, but have heard great things about the former.

Re: tires, Had been planning on the Desser monster tetreads but will also take a look at the Elites too. Sounds like the monsters are a bit larger than vans oem's. how about the elites?

Michlien Airstop tubes

Airstop tubes are well worth the money. They will hold airpressure over long periods either flying often or sitting for long periods. Do not leak down.:D

Back