What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Question on Isham Kit

BrentHumphreys

Well Known Member
I bought a used (although allmost everything was unopened) set of tools from a post here. The kit is primarily the Isham (planetools) kit with a few variations.

I am setting everything up, waiting for my practice kits to arrive. I am curious which tools others are attaching the swivel/regulator, and the air flow valve too.

Air Flow Valve.
BRASS%20VALVE.JPG

Swivel/Regulator
634.jpg

Thanks for the help.

Brent,
Don't know that it makes a lot of difference, but I used the air flow valve on the bottom of my rivet gun. I don't have any regulators on my drills. Really haven't needed one for drilling. I do have a swivel mount on the bottom of one of my drills, and after a lot of use, it seems to seep air around the fittings. I didn't put a swivel on my new drill.

Happy Building! You are in for a treat.

FWIW,

havent used the valve yet

My compressor is so close, I adjust the airflow from there.
I used the swivel on my rivet gun. I ended up buying another swivel for my drill (from Harbor Freight).
The swivel's do leak after a while.

I wasn't sure.

I am working on running tubing for my compressor, and trying to decide if I should put a regulator at each outlet, or use the small regulator at the tool.

Also, the regulator doesn't have any kind of pressure indication, so I don't think it would be all that useful.

Thanks for the feedback.

It's understood with time air swivels will leak ... however, do they leak with very low pressure? Do they require high pressure to seal properly?

The swivel is nice to have.

I have the Swivel/Regulator in your bottom picture. No leaks, but I am forever bumping the adjust knob and messing up the pressure. I do not use it to adjust the pressure. Too risky. A swivel is nice and the one with the detent locking looks good. There are some nasty torture spots that require some small hands and a swivel on the gun. Don't pull the trigger until you know where the gun is!!!!! :eek: Have fun. Get moving.

little regulator

You'll need that little regulator on your rivet gun. It is not really a regulator it is a restrictor but does the same thing. Then you'll have to practice and get it set for #40 and #30 rivets. Too much pressure when riveting will damage the Manufacturing head side and too little will make losey shop heads. I put swivels on all my other tools including the rivet gun. They leak, but they are fun. :)

Back