What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

question on bending FL 706b

ditch

Well Known Member
I'm trying to figure out how the 706b brace is bent to form the same line as the inboard rib when installed. The brace is flat now and I assume must be bent to a small angle. Is this right or am I missing something? How does a person bend this piece slightly? It's rather thick and when I put it in the vice, could hardly budge it. Anybody have any suggestions?

Leverage

IIRC, these were a little tough to bend, but it can be done. :)

070217_002.jpg

I like how you did your rv log. Read the whole thing on the flaps but would still like to know how you managed to buck the last rivets in the end ribs? Looks almost impossible. What did you use and can you just use blind rivets?

I needed a total of 5 blind rivets on the root end of the flap. Two for the last two aft holes on the top, 2 for the bottom and one under the nutplate. The nutplate for the flap pushrod pretty much blocks any reasonable bucking bar in there. Besides, its on the bottom where no one will see. I used MK319-BS blink rivets.

Thanks for the info. I think that should be all I need to hammer this thing out. Now the dreaded prep work and priming.

Back