What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Question hooking up trim cable???

Scott DellAngelo

Well Known Member
Drawing 4 shows the trim cable being attached to the trim tab with "HW Nylon Clevis 1032, Attach with Supplied Hardware".

Well, I cannot seem to find a nylon clevis anywhere on the fuselage, finish, or empennage kit small bag parts lists. Any ideas which kit and/or bag this thing is in? Also what is the "supplied hardware" to attach the clevis to?

Thanks,
Scott
#90598 - Really close
N598SD reserved

trim cable

The clevis screws right on to the trim cable. It's threaded. That is the supplied hardware, plus there is a bolt welded onto a small square plate that is riveted to the inside of the coverplate. That's how you secure the cable. Sorry, I don't know which bag the clevis is supposed to be in. I remember not having a very good system for checking the parts bags. Had to go through most all of them once in awhile. I'll bet you've got it somewhere. It's a small black plastic clevis; about an inch long and about the diameter of a pencil.

Took a long time for me to find mine too

I looked all over the place for my mine too. I can't remember if it is itemized on the printout that Vans sends with the kit, but in it you will also find a approx. 1" square piece of steel with a nut welded to it at an angle for securing the cable onto the trim tab access plate. Good luck. Nowadays I put all the bag items in little plastic bin trays you get at Kmart or Lowes so I won't lose anything. Now if I lose something, it's in one of those little bins. :)

I did not find the plate with nut welded to it so I had ordered it from Van's. I guess i'll check through every bag today to try and find it or else I might be ordering that too. What holds the clevis to the tab? Pin with cotter pin? Since I have moved to the airport I seem to spend 5 times as long finding the hardware as I do to use it on whatever I am doing.

Scott

Found it

Bag 677-1, which I think came in the fuselage kit but is not on the sheet detailing the small bags. The nut welded to plate was in there too. Oh well I have a spare now. :)

Scott

Back