What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Question about Duckworks kit

N916K

Well Known Member
For someone that has an RV9 Duckworks light kit. What are the dimensions of the plate that holds the light. Actually all I need is the height. Thanks

I have one in the left and right outter LE bays on my yet unfinshed wings. I like 'em. I'm curious to know, N916K, why you were wanting the dimensions? What sinister plot have you got going on that I might ant to know about?:D

Joe, thanks for the info

Robert, I have lenses in the outer bays of my RV9. The lenses are Duckwork lenses but I cut the opening a little different, I increased the radius of the corners. I am finally getting around to installing lights (2 1/2 years after first flight). I snagged a nice set of lights from one of our prototypes at work that we are about to scrap. I am thinking of just buying the Duckwork mounting plates, if they will fit in my plane. If not I'll just make my own. So you see, nothing very sinister.

Cam

Interesting idea to change the shape of the openings. Darn, I was really hping to get something sinister going.

I don't plan to shape the lenses. I'm gonna smooth the edges but I don't want to spend a lot of time shaping the lenses when it's not necessary.

good luck

Interesting idea to change the shape of the openings. Darn, I was really hping to get something sinister going.

I don't plan to shape the lenses. I'm gonna smooth the edges but I don't want to spend a lot of time shaping the lenses when it's not necessary.

good luck

I will have lights from a car that won't be sold for another year, is that sinister enough?

http://www.hyundaiconceptgenesis.com/

Last edited:
Back