What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

question about cutting big angles shipped in wing kit

IowaRV9Dreamer

Well Known Member
Hi - I'm working on the fuse kit and need to make some roughly 2'-3' angle pieces for the F-728/729 bellcrank rib assembly. They are supposed to be made from 0.063 angle (3/4 x 3/4).

The problem is the fuse kit came with a single 6' piece, which I've pretty much used up making other bulkheads.

The wing kit came with (2) 12' pieces. These aren't the main longerons but are just listed as "angle" on the wing kit packing list.

Are there any really long 0.063 3/4x3/4 pieces needed in the fuselage? I've been looking but can't find any. I don't know if I should cut both pieces from one of the 12' pieces, or one from each....

Thanks for any info, maybe I worry too much,

dave

Go for it -- my airplane is done and I still have one of those long pieces of angle left over. Maybe I trimmed a few feet off of it, but there's still quite a lot left.

I asked this same basic question last week and it appears we are free to cut up those 12' pieces for these and other parts.

Thanks guys - I went ahead and cut them up. Usually Vans doesn't give hardly any extra material so I was wondering why the angle came in such long pieces.... probably a bit cheaper for them.:p

Thanks for the help!

Back