What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Quadrant cable length

RVRC

Well Known Member
We are building a -7 with new Y0-360-A1A and the three lever quadrant from Spruce. Does anyone have the same setup and know the cable lengths required for each? If you do, does the length include the clevis and bearing? Thanks.:eek:

when you find out...

I have a very similar engine set up in the 7 I'm building, but with a center console/throttle quadrant from Aircraft extras. I haven't figured out the cable lengths yet (since I haven't mounted the engine just yet), so I am looking forward to your getting an answer here!

If you locate the quadrant in the same place as the verniers were, order the same length in the CT Q custom length cables. That's what I did and using an 0-360 from Van's and their recommended firewall penetrations. Check the FWF kits for Van's recommended cable lengths.

Roberta

Check the FWF kits for Van's recommended cable lengths.Roberta
The Van's cable lengths for our didn't work and the cables are completely different as they are for push/pull nobs. I can track down the length we used for our O-320-D1A, but the 0-360-A1A may be different. Cables from Spruce are not the same as ones from Vans, so the Van's lengths won't work for Spruce cables. Took two tries to get our prop right.

The Van's cable lengths for our didn't work and the cables are completely different as they are for push/pull nobs. I can track down the length we used for our O-320-D1A, but the 0-360-A1A may be different. Cables from Spruce are not the same as ones from Vans, so the Van's lengths won't work for Spruce cables. Took two tries to get our prop right.

Yes, the cables are different, but the measurement is the same. I used the length called out for the 0-360 in Van's FWF kit for the vernier and substituted the same length in the CT-Q cables from Vans and they fit perfectly. I did use all Van's parts with the quadrant and not ACS.
Roberta

Last edited:
Hey Robert,

Check out this thread for the length's I used.

with the switch to the O-360 and short mount, I retained those cables.

Good to see you are going with a TQ!

Thanks again folks. I think I will order a standard length from Van's today and see how it fits.

Back