What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

QB Wings

dspender

Well Known Member
Patron
My next step is to attach fuselage to empennage. For time management I plan to order the QB Wings August. Compared to the slow build fuselage how long do the QB Wings take to complete. Is the lower skin open and dimpled?

The wings will go a lot faster than the fuse.

Not a lot of fiberglass work to do, and minimum wiring and control system work compared to the fuse.

What Mike said. I knocked out the wings in 150 hours. I was surprised how quick it went.

Jim Berry
RV-10

Funny. I thought the thread was going to be about this:

qb_wings-transparent.gif

More like 40 hours each. One panel open, needs deburr and dimple. Flap hinge, aileron hinges and wingtip install. Aileron bellcrank installation also. Easy peesy.

Mike do you know how many hours to rv10 wings from flat pack?

I spent 270 hours on the wings (normal build). I don't consider myself a speedy builder, since most of the tasks, I performed slower than the averages. I also took my time while building. I decided from the start it wasn't a race to beat the vans published building time. If you want a sampling of times, look at all the RV-10 build sites on mykitlog.com. All the times are listed if the builder filled out the forms accurately.

The wings are pretty straight forward and simple. The tanks scare a lot of people, but they really aren't that bad. The problem with the wings is that there is quite a bit of repetition that gets old really quick. It's not like the other parts of the aircraft where you are doing a different task on every page of the plans.

Back