What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

QB wing tie down brackets

Mike Miller

Do the QB wings come with pre-tapped (3/8", 16 thread) wing tie down brackets? Mine look as though they (QB factory) attempted to tap the holes, but had a hard time at it, and left it for me to do. It looks as though they somehow got one of them a little sideways (at an angle). I've tapped these before on a prior build, and they are easy to do if they are not already installed in the wing. Has anyone had a problem with these?

Mike

Let us know

I am not at home but have not checked my -8A QB wings, I know the block is there but have not checked the threading. I would be interested to know what you find out. FYI, my tail tie down was not installed or included in my kit. That and the step had to be sent later. I only noticed this because I took my first QB kit back and it had included the step and un-installed tail tie down block. The first QB kit was made from older non-matched hole parts, I really wanted that technology. Even though Van's thought the older QB kit would save me more time, they accommodated my wish to opt for the QB kit made from matched hole parts. It did cost me an extra $300 bucks to rent a truck again and make the drive back to Van's! **** I start getting picky with the kit right off the bat!

Cheers

Back